​My scenerio was this, I mounted a SharePoint 2013 content database to my new SharePoint 2013 SP1 environment thinking that it would upgrade the database to be the latest version and render correctly in SharePoint 2013 SP1.

I placed it on a temporary web application because I wanted to test it out first and ensure everything worked fine and in fact, everything looked like it was fine.

I then wanted to back it up and restore it to my host named site collection on my main web application within a specific content database using the following PowerShell command:

restore-spsite ‘http://<MYHNSCURL>’ -HostHeaderWebApplication ‘http://<MYWEBAPPURL>’ -DatabaseServer ‘MYDBSERVERALIAS’ -DatabaseName ‘MYCONTENTDBNAME’ -path ‘c:<MYBACKUPSC.SC’ -force

and I got an error like this in PowerShell:

restore-spsite : <nativehr>0x80070003</nativehr><nativestack></nativestack> At line:1 char:1 + restore-spsite ‘http://tciconnect-dev.tci.internal.toyota.ca/sites/ICCS’ -HostHe … + ~~ + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share…dletRestoreSite:   SPCmdletRestoreSite) [Restore-SPSite], DirectoryNotFoundException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletRestoreS   ite….


After a little bit of time playing around, I figured out that Mount-SPContentDatabase did not indeed upgrade the content database to the SP 2013 SP1 version, it left it as is which I guess wasn’t compatible with my other web application I was trying to restore to.  So in order to fix this, I just had to manually run the Upgrade-SPContentDatabase command first and then back up and restore the site collection with the same command as above:

upgrade-spcontentdatabase ‘MYCONTENTDBNAME’

One thought on “<nativehr>0x80070003</nativehr> error on Restore-SPSite when restoring a SharePoint 2013 to a Host Named Site Collection”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *